Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Launching Into Seattle Fashion

I have been a little "radio-silent" (as my sister would say) with my blogging over the past week... and its not because of a lack of content. Actually, its quite the opposite.  Im not trying to say that my life is so exciting but as a matter of fact, over the last week, it has been very eventful and very exciting.

Last Thursday night, I went to the launch party for the first Indie Style magazine for the iPad and iPhone called JeNeSeQua.  The party was hosted at Makers, a gutted building located in Belltown. It was a somewhat private event requiring check-in to the guest list upon entrance. I had been previously invited by the Creative Director and Editor in Chief, Melissa Middleton who I had the pleasure of meeting in a coffee shop last month in Seattle. I couldn't wait for the event and invited one of my best friends from college, Jenna, to attend with me.  The first 150 guests received "swag bags" with Butter London Nail Polish and other various goodies so Jenna and I made sure to arrive just in time! :)






Once we were in the party, Jenna and I snagged a cocktail from the bar and began to mingle around meeting people. The theme of the night was Black and White, and because it was a fashion event, the attendees were lavishly dressed and checking everyone else out from head to toe.  We met this amazing, very down-to-earth gentleman from London named Louis-Xavier Le Bron, wearing a fur collar over a suit with a jewel encrusted brooch at the neck.  He was very posh and seemed to be important. He had an astonishingly impressive resume within the fashion industry that fully supported his appearance.  He was the creative director for the Viktor & Rolf Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show, and a Stylist for Thandie Newton, Lana Del Ray, Joshua Jackson and Diane Kruger to name a few.  His resume blew me out of the water and was someone that I admired for his work-- a resume I aspire to have someday. :) He recently moved to Seattle so we exchanged phone numbers and made plans to snag coffee together sometime.








After talking to him, we continued to mingle. There were actually more people I knew than I had anticipated, one of which who was my best friend from high school, Lindey. I had no idea that she was going to be there and it was definitely a pleasant surprise! The three of us girls spent most of the night together and met a few guys. They weren't your typical men who attend fashion events. They actually knew nothing about fashion but were guests of a friend who knew Melissa, the host.  We chatted with them for a while and later danced once the social space turned into a dance floor. They had taken swing dancing classes before so they taught us a few moves. It put a fun spin on the evening!




Knowing she was busy but before the night was over, I made sure to say a quick hello to Melissa (the editor in chief and creator of the magazine).  I wanted to thank her for the invite and let her know that I truly had a great time! Hopefully, in the near future I'll be able to grab coffee with her as well to network and gain perspective.

All in all, I had an amazing time with friends and it was great to meet some more people within my industry!

Xoxo Ashiee B



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2011, All rights reserved