Sunday, June 10, 2012

Little red hot crops and a peplum with ditzy dots

Over the past week I have been doing a lot of adjusting to my new schedule. Checking things off my list of "to-do's" before leaving the country, purging of unnecessary possessions, organizing, etc. I have to say that as each day goes by I am getting more and more used to, and excited about, the idea that I am actually pursuing going to Italy again.  Not going to lie, my first weekend (last weekend) without work made me feel a little out of sorts. I got so used to working 6 days a week that when I had more then one day off, I went a little stir crazy.

I made the most of my time and got a lot of the "to-do's" done.  The recent series at my church has been about money management and last week after the service they had shredders for people to cut their credit cards.  I made the bold move to jump in and shred away. I've been meaning to get rid of them anyways and watching them run through a shredder was somewhat a relieving yet anxiety-driven experience. Feeling inspired by the message, I decided to reduce, reuse, recycle and made a trip to Plato's closet to sell some of my "un-loved" clothes and made a whopping $93+ dollars... cha-ching! ;) Besides hanging out with friends, I spent the rest of the rainy days enjoying my cozy bed and catching up on my blog reading. It was the week from heaven! :) 

Empty hangers from cleaning out my closet... So many!


Four bags of goodies off to Plato's Closet! 

Yesterday I judged auditions for the competition team at the dance studio I grew up dancing at. It's called Turning Pointe and is one of the best studios in the Seattle area for competitive dance. Many of the girls I grew up dancing with have gone on to have dance careers in New York, LA and a few have been on the T.V. series So You Think You Can Dance (Paris Torres, Natalie Reid, and Sarah James, to name a few).  The girls auditioning had the long, lean bodies of a dancer that you see in the movies and could dance like what you see on T.V.  It was amazing to watch and judge such talented dancers, some just barely 12 years old.  

It was so great to see old friends, and the instructors that I used to take dance classes from. With all the hours we spent together dancing at the studio, they always felt more like family rather then friends and it was so, so good to see them again! :) I decided to wear this outfit for the auditions...  my favorite red hot crops with this cute little peplum top! 

xoxox Ashiee B










Peplum top: H&M. Red Crops: Vince Camuto. Sandals: Forever 21 (old). 
Necklace: Nordstrom Rack. Sunnies: Ray Ban "Wayfarer". Watch: Michael Kors (old). 
Lipgloss: Butter London Lippy "Trout Pout"

Listening: "She is love" Parachute 
Feeling: Excited to be getting discovered by more bloggers. Your comments make me so happy and encourage me to keep going! :) Thank youuu!!
Anticipating: The start of my new job and teaching course


12 comments:

Blair Breitenstein said...

This is my fave post yet! I'm obsessed with this top ( I am addicted to polka dots...) Keep up the good work!!!! Xoxo

under fashion arrest said...

perfect peplum top!
http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.gr/
http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.gr/

Shadhna said...

I love this outfit on you. Especially the necklace <3

x Marina

www.cococamarel.com

Mi Infinita Wishlist said...

Adoro tus sandalias y tu collar

www.infinitawishlist.com

Joy. | JUSTLIKESUSHI.COM said...

Great outfit! So classy and fun!

Angelica said...

love your top, u look great!

please take a look at my blog and let me know if you like it, I hope so ;)

http://angystearoom.com

Viv said...

great polka dotted peplum top!


myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

that top is so adorable! xo
www.frankieheartsfashion.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful girl! and the most Fashionable too ;)

Jenny said...

Such an adorable polka dot shirt! Really love it and really love your style!

<3 Jenny
www.crazystylelove.com

fleurani said...

Ash, I just discovered that peplum polka dot at H&M yesterday and it was sold out in my size *DUH*. Looks really nice, kinda have a 60's flair with the red pants. Great ensemble and I am so happy that you have more visitors now as you blog is amazing dear.

<3 Ani

www.fleurani.blogspot.de

PS: I hope the organizing is going well for you and you are getting ready for your move :-)

Sarah Alway said...

I love those sandals, I have the exact same ones in white and I always get compliments when I wear them. :)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2011, All rights reserved